Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week #6 Thing #14

Technorati is an amazing site.  I cannot believe that they track approximately 50 million blogs!  I think I could spend all day searching this site.  I tried looking up School Library Learning 2.0 and Classroom Learning 2.0 with quotes, without quotes, in Blog Posts, in tags, and in the Blog Directory.  The results were WAY different.  This tells me that if you want to find something you may have to try several different avenues before you actually get what you want.  I enjoyed looking at the tag clouds - something I did not really "get" before reading this weeks information. 
I also explored popular blogs, searches and tags.  It was surprising to me that the most popular blogs only had about 5,000 followers.  I thought it would be much higher.  I like the idea of tagging - I think it can help find information on topics you are interested in.  One of the down sides of tagging is not providing enough tags.  Ideally, I guess bloggers should actually provide several tags instead of just one, so more people can find your content.  I like that the site also lets you set up Watchlists for your favorite tags.

1 comment:

  1. I also got lost in all the blogs. Each week as I read our new "things" to do I definitely underestimate the amount of time they will take to complete. There is so much information out there! This is my first time following blogs other than my classmates' for school and it amazes me how there is a blog for just about everything.

    ReplyDelete