Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Week #8 Thing #18
I remembered Google Docs as a choice for the Web 2.0 project. I thought - that has got to work! So, I took a quick tour of the site and then uploaded my document to it. I clicked on the button to get the link for that document. Yeah! It worked. I then tried the link (after signing out of Google) and - Uh Oh - it didn't work unless you signed into Google. So, I went back in and figured out that I had to change the settings to be able to share with everyone. Once I did that, and made some changes to the document, I was happy with the result!
Then, after I submitted my Webquest, I was on a roll with my assignments, so I thought I would check out Week 8's assignments. I was so excited to read that it was about Google Docs! The main reason I was excited was because I saw a problem and I found a way to solve it - while learning technology! I didn't feel intimidated by the technology, but saw it as a way to accomplish the things I wanted to do.
Here is my link to my rubric for my Webquest from Google Docs. I also checked out some of the videos for Google Sites. I think there is definitely potential for using that as a school library media specialist.