Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week #3 Thing #7

Let's just say I'm a blossoming flower when it comes to technology. I have known about many of the different technologies available via the Web but have never spent time using them or learning about them. However, starting my Master's degree in Library Science has forced me to learn the ins and outs of these new technologies. I am having so much fun experimenting with the different sites. Blogging is fun, Facebook is addicting and Flickr involves a whole new world of possibilities.
I just discovered the DVR. I had to replace my VCR this summer - it was having technical difficulties. Anyway, I always dreaded setting up recordings for my favorite shows or trying to hustle the kids to bed before Survivor started. Now, with the press of a button it does it all for you (well, it doesn't put the kids to bed for you). I can put the kids to bed by 8:15 and still be able to watch an 8:00 show all the way through. Ah, technology - I love it. Well, I gotta go set my recordings for Survivor - Season Premier!

4 comments:

  1. You are not "blossoming" alone. But we will be in "full bloom" soon enough....The amount of tech applications available (& many are free!) is astounding...and trying to keep up can sometimes be insane, but the end result (as I always like to say)----PRICELESS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm getting a lot smarter. Most of what I talk about from this class is unknown to my friends and a lot of my coworkers. Usually for every three things I try out, I like one of them. That's not too bad. I can pick and choose what will work for me. It's good to have choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with with Doreen that keeping up with technology can be kind of crazy sometimes. It is amazing all that the internet has become!

    Library Girl, I grew up in the country outside of Gettysburg, PA, and we didn't have cable growing up. In fact, I, myself, have never paid for cable anywhere that I have ever lived! I remember being amazed a few years ago, when I was at a friend's house, and they "rewound" the tv show they were watching. I was, "Like, wow, that is pretty handy."

    Now, I use DVR and it's the greatest thing (but maybe not the healthiest?) to pause the program and go get a snack whenever I want and then I can come back and fast forward through all the commercials!
    Steph (Schmidt Staffer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding that out with a lot of technology - it's great - but it may not be the healthiest thing for me. I find that I could sit at my computer for hours.

    ReplyDelete