Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week #4 Thing #8

I love the idea of RSS feeds.  I had heard about them before, and even subscribed to a site, but didn't realize that you needed a reader for the feeds to go to.  I set up the google reader for the simple fact that I already have a google account.  I was excited to see that all the blogs that I am following for class automatically went to the reader.  I love this way of looking at things.  It is so much easier to check everyone's blogs.  Before, I would keep checking back on the blogs to see if there was any new information.  Now the information comes to me.  It is such a time saver!  I also subscribed to my local paper.  Can you believe that the first new article from my paper was about the public library's funding being cut?  I was glad I got to read the article.  I then subscribed to a couple of sites with library ideas and lesson plans.  Another site I subscribed to was a listing of Pennsylvania library jobs - hope I get one soon!  The only down side I see is that if you subscribe to too many feeds, you get bogged down looking through all the material.  I guess you have to set up folders for the different types of info you receive to handle all the information.  Well, I gotta go check my reader!

1 comment: